Buying a Home for the First Time?
4 Minute Read
Buying your first home is exciting. At Churchill Mortgage, we want you to have a home loan that you feel good about today while also looking at your long-term financial goals. We also think it’s important for you to know all about the process of buying a house and what to expect along the way.
Use these simple first-time home buyer tips that could save you thousands on your mortgage:
Start with a Homeowner Strategy Plan or what we call the “Churchill Checkup” from a Home Loan Specialist who will take the time to discuss your personal goals and provide you with:
- A Budget Breakdown: Get an easy-to-understand cost breakdown built with your budget in mind.
- Down Payment Options: You’ll get answers to questions about how much you should have on hand for your down payment and if you qualify for down payment assistance.
- An Outline of the Smartest Loan Products, Rates and Terms: See which loan types best suit your needs such as if you should get an FHA or conventional loan. Or just explore when it’s the best time to buy a house based upon interest rates and your local housing market.
- Financial Goal Setting: When making a large investment, always keep the end goal in mind. The Churchill Checkup is also a great way to give you a clear illustration of how to become mortgage-free over time.
Give Yourself Every Advantage with These 4 Little-Known First-Time Home Buyer Secrets
- Become a Churchill Certified Home Buyer. If you’re not familiar with this program, the one thing to remember is it helps you get to the closing table faster. As a Certified Home Buyer you’ll simply submit financial documents for up-front underwriting so the bulk of the leg work is done. The rest of the home buying process will move along much more quickly and with less hiccups. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Don’t Choose a Loan Solely Based on Interest Rates. Let this just be one deciding factor when it comes to your home loan. Take everything into account from the types of loans available, to the customer service, what types of fees are added to your loan, when you can close, and if the lender provides free checkups on your mortgage after closing day. It’s important to choose a lender who stays on top of things!
- Get a House You Can Afford and a Loan You Love. It’s important to know the number of what your real payment will be if you have mortgage insurance, homeowner’s association fees, property taxes, etc. added on. A Churchill Home Loan Specialist can help you break down all of the associated escrow accounts, fees, and premiums to assess the true cost of your mortgage. Check out our mortgage calculator to get started!
- Make Sure You Get Your Churchill Checkup. We get it, life changes. So, even after your loan has closed, your Home Loan Specialist will check in with you from time-to-time to make sure you are still in a loan you love and one that has you on the smartest financial path for your current situation. This simple 10-minute call is always helpful!
These are just a few smart things to consider as you look into buying your first home. You’ll maximize your money and save yourself valuable time. Click here to get started.